August 03, 2015

STANDING ON GIANTS

When you get to zenith like this, achieve great height, surmount obstacles, stand on pinnacle; some are quick to assert that you are extremely intelligent, born with a 'golden spoon', being handed down great opportunities and privilege in life and that is the sole reason you have come this far. They forget to understand that the only reason you are here today is because you are standing on the shoulders of GIANTS.

If I ever achieve greatness in life or you ever hear my name in great circles of honour don't think too much or look any further because my achievement is based on the fact that am standing on the shoulder of GIANTS.

First on the list is God: He is my source, my hope, my inheritance, my helper, my succour, my strength, my heritage and my everything.

I won't forget Integrity. Because Intelligence only take you thus far as long as you have integrity, the day you lose your integrity your intelligence becomes polluted.

Achievers: you either get motivated from inside or from outside. The achievers that have gone ahead help to stimulate the inept ability in us that we can do something worthwhile with our lives; that we can do more than just live; that we can achieve great heights and that the impossibility of the former generation can become a possibility through us. The past achievers and their  achievements speak to us that we can achieve greatness and that the manifestations that the world awaits can become a reality through us.

Nation: you may call my country anything you like but you can't remove the fact that all my success is hinged on the numerous Nigerians all over the world. The people that fought for our independence, the ones that spoiled our name within us and among the international communities only make our journey harder and helped to develop to the very best; the patriots that believe in a better Nigeria - they all help me to actualise our dreams.

Team: my  parents, my siblings, to all the millions teachers I have studied under, the friends and competitors that helped sharpen my path in life, to the 'fifty thousand' coaches all around the world. Some team members I chose and some other team members chose me and in all my team make me who I am today.

Sunshine: Great things happen when am with you and we are the 'indomitable duo' You are my strength, my sweetheart and my sole motivator.

'It is only in the mysterious equation of love that our true enlargement can be found, am only here because of you and you are my only reason' - John Nash